Saturday, November 18, 2006

Conversation with daughters-6

Only yesterday, I bemoaned the fact that I was unfairly kept out of the list of the world’s sexiest men, due to questionable methodology and inadequate sampling size followed by the magazine that did the survey.

Today, I went through the list of 40 richest Indians, published by Forbes magazine, and to my considerable dismay, realized that my name was conspicuous by its absence.

Knocked down by the double whammy and desperate to get some confidence back, I asked my two daughters if I would figure in their personal lists of Top Ten People. The younger one held out all her ten figures and started counting. When she came to the little finger of her right hand, she gave me the good news that I had made it. The older one thought for a moment and said that if I could stretch the list to Top Twenty, my chances would be slightly better.

I will settle for this. Better to be part of some list than no list at all.

6 comments:

Usha said...

If that is any consolation you arein the list of my top 10 bloggers.

Raj said...

Usha, thanks. That certainly helps!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you could be in the list of people that are not in any list.

Anonymous said...

If you are on a list of people who are not on any list, then technically you cannot be on the list of people who don't belong to a list because you belong to a list now.

So how do you solve this problem of being on a list of people who don't belong to any list? This was probably the last question asked by the Betal to King Vikramaaditya which he couldn't answer.

Lalita said...

I second Usha. You are on the list of my Top Ten Bloggers, too.

Raj said...

Anon, ha, you seem to have come up with a Catch-22 suggestion.

Hari, maybe I will belong to that rare list of people who don't figure in any list and at the same time, figure in some list. That makes me figure in two lists!

Lalita, I wonder if there is anybody else now who can claim to be both in Usha's and Lalita's list of Top ten bloggers!