Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dear Diary- 4

Dear Diary,

I needed to go to the Bank today to deposit a cheque. I realized, to my dismay, that banking is an insignificant part of a bank’s work.

The place was swarming with all kinds of creatures such as touts and agents, out to nab me. One guy wanted to sell me mutual funds, another some RBI bonds and yet another- some gold bars. The gall. Did they think that a seasoned salesman like me will fall for such obvious gimmicks?

When I finally managed to extricate myself from the bandits, a seedy looking guy buttonholed me and asked if I was interested in medical insurance cover. I said sure and asked if the policy covered terminal illnesses. Without giving me a proper reply that I deserved as a prospective customer, he dematerialized from the scene. Rude fellow.

3 comments:

Karthik Sriram said...

>>I said sure and asked if the policy covered terminal illnesses.<<

This is too much!


Anyways - yeah - I had checked out banks when I was to India recently - it looks more or less like a market, with these sales pitch guys hiding behing every pillar and table, ready to pounce on us.....

So did u get ur bank work done? ;)

Usha said...

Raj, you went into the bank to do banking - what happened to telephone, internet, ATM?
Now since banking on these banks have become a place for doing non banking business. They have to justify their investment in real estate no? This will also remind you why you stopped going to the banks and did all your banking through the other channels!

Raj said...

Kartik, yes got work done, but barely managed to escape.

Usha, mae the mistake of going there. Never again.