Saturday, June 09, 2012

Vacuous and Verbose-32


The Hindu Metroplus has a feature called ‘Proust Questionnaire”. Every now and then some celebrity is invited to answer questions based on a standard template. 

Today’s edition carries answers provided by Ketan Mehta, a filmmaker and apparently one who has won  several international awards. 

Some of his answers: 

What is your greatest fear?
That I'll be happy. 

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My need to like myself. 

On what occasion do you lie?
When life is a lie - how does it matter? Sab Maya hai. [It's all an illusion.] 

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
That I can't disappear at will. 

My question to all my readers ( not part of the Proust Questionnaire) : 

Do these arty types become so because they view life this way, or do they start talking such nonsense after acquiring fame as an artist? Do they feel this compelling urge to sound profound all the time ? Do they assume that the nuttier their reply, the artier they’ll end up sounding?

3 comments:

Raj Jayaram said...

Thanks for some thought-provoking questions. They inspired me to write a whole blog post!

Sathish said...

Ha ha. The answers to the Proust questionnaire are so predictable these days. I think the celebrities should try and be natural. They rather try to be smart and end up like this.

Bloggingbooks said...

Dear Raj,

I work for Bloggingbooks publishing house (bloggingbooks.net), which is the new publishing brand of SVH publishing house.

We are looking forward to extend our publishing programme, and we are therefore searching intensively for interesting and well presented blogs that may be suitable for publishing.

Would you be interested too in publishing your blog posts? I look forward to a positive reply from you.

Should you have any questions, I would be pleased to answer your queries by e-mail. You may also get more information about Bloggingbooks concept, by visiting our website.

contact email: m [dot] gorbulea [at] bloggingbooks [dot] de