Friday, January 18, 2008

Conversation with daughter-21

(Walking back with daughter after her ‘theatre’ class)

Daughter: Where’s the car? Don’t tell me we are walking back.

Me: We are going to walk back, you brat. It takes just 10 minutes to reach home.

Daughter: 10 minutes! My aching feet!

Me: You know, I used to walk for miles, when I was your age. School, shop, playground, everywhere.

Daughter: But, it must have been so easy those days. Not so much of traffic….

Me: That’s why you need to walk now. There’s simply too much traffic already. Why add one more car?

Daughter: But, your parents let you go walking alone. I am sure you will never permit me.

Me: Suppose I permit you, will you go walking to school?

Daughter: No.

Me: So, it’s nothing to do with my permitting you.

Daughter: Oh, Oh. You are dragging me into a complicated conversation again.

Me: What do you mean, I am dragging you?

Daughter : And I know why you are doing it. You are searching for something to blog about.

8 comments:

Usha said...

Heheheheh.... The unflappable Raj outdone by smarter Daughter... I AM LOVIN' IT.

Unknown said...

LOL..

soon there will be a DOBA

or "Daughters Of Bloggers -Anonymous" where they will be discussing stratagies ...

:)

Anonymous said...

your daughter has busted ur intentions...lol

dipali said...

She knows you so well!

Revathi said...

ha ha ha...
so, now ppl who know your blogs are very self-conscious? you do have a laughing weapon.

Raj said...

usha, I'll get even with her soon.

sundar, yes, they will soon form a syndicate.

philip, too bad

dipali, too bad

revathi, yes, must change my methods. Am getting too predictable

Unknown said...

lolz...
i came by ur post recently from two different sources..the first time i let it go but when i had been directed here for a second time , i decided to read to check out whats there in here. Been reading the Dad - daughter conv - and they are natural to mundane to intelligent to interesting..but i really like this one - one smartie out there, great girl!

Raj said...

Sindhu, thanks. Do drop in again.